8.10.2011

meet ashley



hi everyone! i would like to introduce you to 
ashley of la luce
 trust me your going to want to get to know her.

Photobucket

Hello loves! I am SUPER honored to be guest posting on Fly With Me today! Kelly is a beautiful girl, with a beautiful heart for God, so I am excited to share in her world. My name is Ashley Marie Wilson. I am a lover of God, a wife to my amazing husband, a photographer, creator of handmade accessories, and whatever else the Lord has in His plan for me. I’m amazed at what He has done with my life…once I trusted him. To read more about my story of coming to God you can read about that here.
My passion for all things creative literally runs through my blood. I adore imagery, color, style, film, music, art, writing… all of it. I love the fire it creates in my spirit. Photography isn’t just a hobby or a career, it’s like a basic life function to me. I can’t help it, it’s how I see.  Since I can remember my eyes literally freeze moments like snapshots, and they look like art in that moment. I’m not even conscious of it. Having the camera and capturing what my eyes saw creates this giddy, yet peaceful feeling in me.
Being a photographer put me around a lot of photoshoots, celebrations and events. I believe that ignited the designer spark tucked away in me. I’ve always loved style, not so much for shopping, but for the art of it. Last Spring a flood of accessory designs was poured into me. Some were high fashion, some were everyday fashion styles that I would wear, some were bridal designs, and some were designs that I know Mom’s would love to put on their baby girl. I started practicing and playing around with different techniques, and with the leading of the Lord, La Luce expanded into photography AND design.
My Shop officially opened about 2 weeks ago and I can honestly say that one of the best parts about receiving orders is seeing where the order is going. It's fun to know that something you created will be somewhere you might've never gone or been yet. Two of the orders even went outside of the states, one to London and one to Australia. I really just enjoy the thought of my little package traveling all over the globe and finding a home so far away. Creating is deeper than just producing, it's about the connection and story that object will be a part of, no matter what it is. Maybe you'll wear one of my hair pieces on a first date, maybe you'll wear one of my bridal pieces on your wedding day, maybe you'll put one of the baby hair pieces on your little one for their first picture, or maybe one of my photography prints will be something you hang on the wall of your new home... it's all about the story, relationship, possibility, and meaning, that's the part I creativity that I love.
hurry quick go and get to know ashley and her shop do i sound like a broken record. good!




GO
fall.in.love.

 thank you ashley for helpin' a girl out while she's on vacation.

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I too love seeing where the packages are going :) off to check out your shop!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I follow her blog and love it!

Stephanie McDonnell said...

I just stumbled upon Ashley yesterday. Love her already! I'm following you now, too. Love you blog!

www.luxeboulevard.blogspot.com

grey rose (they/them) said...

thanks for sharing, ladies!
love this!

Ashley Arnold said...

Just found you through Young People in Love. Glad to find BOTH of you! New follower! xoxo Love your blogs...