today i encourage you all to go link up because
1) it's fun and
2) jami is the bomb
3) you will be encouraged. fo' sho'!
i have a question. how much time do you spend with GOD on a daily basis. for me, i know for a fact i don't give him enough time. my best time with HIM is when i am in the car. silly me. i could tell you that i am just so busy being a mom and all that that encompasses but that would be a lie. i dilly dally ALOT. yep
I. AM.A.TIME.WASTER.
weather it be blogging, facebook(ing), or just sitting on my butt doing nothing.
I was think the other day. I have NEVER read the bible from start to finish. I'm really uneasy about this. My husband and i have started this adventure and stopped more than once. but i really think that it's high time
i looked up programs on reading the bible in a year and i'm already discouraged. all the programs are set to start on January 1st. *see i always make excuses. i can just start now and adjust it to "my year" starting 8-9-11.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"
2 Timothy 3:6
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN ME???????
PLEASE!!!!!!!
OKAY GREAT!!!!!!!
i think i'm going to use this program. i'm not sure if it's the best program but it looks the least overwhelming to me.
(i get super overwhelmed easily)
have you read the bible from cover to cover?
what program has worked for you?
do you have any suggestions for me?
alright then lets do this
ready break

17 comments:
:)
me and jami were just saying something about that over the weekend. i was looking yesterday for a program to follow. i'm going to look up the one that you linked and get started with you :) we can do it together! thankful to have connected with some AMAZING word loving ladies!!!
XOXO
Ashley
http://laluceimagery.blogspot.com
http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/niv1984/bjan01.htm
This was the one I was looking at yesterday... i agree about the overwhelming aspect. I like the one you found, and this one didn't overwhelmed either.
The site has it where you can change the version and how you want the year to assigned (like start to end, historical, chronological). Either way i'm starting today, and a year from now we'll be so much more rich in the word :) yaaaay
yeah! i am reading with this
http://hippocampusextensions.com/mcheyneplan/
and it is on my phone, with alarms to make me read:)
great post, kelly! we gotta stay in that word!
i really need to do this too. i keep thinking about it but i too get overwhelmed. and then i know there are parts that just seem so unapplicable (i think i just made that word up haha). it's trying to read through those parts with names i can't pronounce that give me complete tired-head. i don't want to view the Bible that way though. if we all did this together, maybe it would keep us in check. so are you starting today?? let me know. i would LOVE to be a part too!
I have my hubs too! I suggest not going Genesis through Rev... but skipping one book of old test and then one book of new...I found when I read beginning to end...I was just reading it to read my daily requirement...which is never good :)
I don't spend as much time with god as i want too.. and i'm full of excuses too.. I really want him in my life more.
I have not read the bible from cover to cover. Is that sad? I want too! I've read many scriptures throughout it but, never cover to cover.
I have no suggestion. I'm in the same place as you are, honestly. I loved this post it really made me open my eyes. Thanks for posting it. I love your blog!
In our sea of love
just started this one. and i love it!
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46416541831
total time waster here.
JUST finished reading through the entire bible.
guess how long it took me?
10 years.
yep.
i started in 2001.
and tracked. and tracked. and lost my bible that had my complete record. so retracked.
finished about 2 months ago.
anyway, i don't follow any specific plan - just read through a book at a time. a chapter a day.
nowadays i am reading through several books at once. a chapter a day. except psalms (5 chapters a day - thanks to Hannah/Wifeysinger for that tip).
anyway, i LOVE that you are doing this.
i'm right there with ya!
you are my hero....
SHUT UP!!! I literally 5 minutes ago got my "Praying through the Bible in one year" in the mail! Starting tomorrow! It's split by month and day so you can start whenever. It's by Cheri Fuller. Do it girl, do it!
PS, I'm a huge time waster, but I'm getting better! Thanks for your sweet words. Love you!
go girl! i sadly, have not yet read cover to cover! i just may do that once i finish the current bible study i am doing! :)
thanks for the encouragement sista!
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!!!!!!
Phew, I thought I was the only Christian who hadn't read it completely...seriously! ;) I soooo need to, but like you, I get super overwhelmed and either a. don't start or b. don't finish. I haven't even read the whole new testament, think I will start with that first.
Oh man, I've tried this a few times. I still have not read from start to finish. UGH. Go girl, go!!!
I have not done the Bible cover to cover, either. There are many books I've skipped in the OT because they seem totally out of my league, intelligence wise! I would love to read it all from start to finish one day... Right now, I'm just making it a point to READ, PERIOD every day. I've been getting up early to have a quiet time when my kiddos are still in bed. It's HARD! But I've really enjoyed my time with the Lord and I am definitely retaining the info in new ways. Best of luck to you!
im in! :] just curious? how are we going to keep each other accountable!? cause sometimes that is my biggest downfall. & how are you going to choose what to read & when? are you going in a certain order?! hehe. so many questions, i know! but i am really excited about it! :]
Post a Comment