today we finally got word on the house we put an offer on last week.
we didn't get it.
it's weird because when my husband told me i was at peace about it.
i, of course, was a little sad. our family is so ready for a home of our own again. but, i know that Christ's hand is in this. we ask for his will to be done in our lives daily not our own. which brings me to this.
Home
Is
Wherever
I’m
With You,
and You, and You.
as long as i'm with my guys i'm home.
it doesn't really matter where we live. our current home (a rental) is beyond charming. it's a 1950's bungalow. all original. i love it. i'm just really missing some of the modern convinces. like say a DISHWASHER or a BIG WALK-IN CLOSET.
the other morning while i was praying this line from phil 4:6 kept coming to mind.
be anxious for nothing
oh that's a good one for a girl who has struggled with anxiety. i looked up the passage. read it, and i decided that Philippians 4 in it's entirety is going to be the chapter we're going to claim and turn to through this journey of finding a home. it's perfect.
here it is in all it's glory:
4 Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so
stand fast in the Lord, beloved.
Be United, Joyful, and in Prayer
2 I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the
Lord. 3 And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me
in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose
names are in the Book of Life.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses
all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are
noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate
on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me,
these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
Philippian Generosity
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me
has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need,
for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know
how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and
to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[b] who strengthens me.
14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in
the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared
with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid
once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your
account. 18 Indeed I have all
and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent
from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to
God. 19 And my God shall
supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be
glory forever and ever. Amen.
Greeting and Blessing
21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet
you. 22 All the saints
greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar’s household.
23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.[c] Amen.
for most of my adult life verse 13 of Philippians 4 has been my go to verse.
my early to mid twenties were the most trying years of my life. i don't even want to think where i'd be without Christ. He alone gave me the strength to get out of bed in the morning. He gave me the strength to mother my children. He gave me the strength to forgive when i didn't want to, when i was kicking and screaming actually. he gave me the strength to carry on.
i find it ironically fitting that he lead me back to Philippians 4 this week.
so perfect.
Christ, wherever i am i know you're there with me and for that i am grateful. i'd be nothing without you. thank you for loving me so well.
xxO
4 comments:
I love your faith in the His will. His strenght really is what gets us through anything. I know our situations may be completely different, but in my life my early 20's were very bumpy and when i look back i know it was Him who got me through. He has the perfect home for you guys filled with a purpose. He never ever fails.
I'm sorry about your news but I love how you are at peace and are trusting God in the meantime. Love you!
I'm sorry hon, but I know what God can teach you in this, He wants YOUR HEART!!!! (I don't nessecarily) think this was God's doing btw), but He can teach you in these let downs.
hugs..
praying and agreeing with you friend!it just means god has something better in store for you!
p.s. i lived in an old farm house as a teenage, we had not long distance and no dishwasher. i was the dishwasher. scared me for life when it comes to dishes.lol
Post a Comment