7.10.2012

a me date

isn't summer lovely?

kids are home. it's hot. you're a servant for days without rest. it's hot. you just got to the best part of your book and you hear  "MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM" gah! you put the book down and ask why "WHY can't you just get along with your brother?"

ok enough of that
this post isn't meant to be ho hum it's meant to be fun.

and for the record i really do love my kids to be home. 
it's just that sometimes being on all day everyday gets the best of me and i have a melt down.(just keeping it real)

on friday my husband was off. he was busy with something and each of the boys were busy with something else and i realized i was just waiting around for something to happen.

how silly of me. 

so i decided that before any bombs went off and let me tell you in a house full of males they are liable to i'd better leave.

i grabbed my key and purse and booked it out the door.

i went on a me date. 

i did the things that i wanted to do that nobody in this house enjoys doing but me.

thrift stores

antique stores 

just me 

alone with my thoughts

looking a beautiful treasures

no interruptions

it was heaven 

i saw this display and i really thought for a second that i was in heaven. everything was so dainty and sweet. oh so sweet. 


Oooooooh if i had a daughter...

i also had this because you know calories are free on a me date. 


i encourage everyone to go on a me date it's good for the soul.
it's all about balance. ha!

what do you for yourself in an 
attempt at keeping your sanity? 

linking up here


Photobucket

6 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Yes! Everyone needs a me-date once in a while - glad you had so much fun on yours ;). With the newborn, I'm only able to leave the house for like 30 to 60 minutes tops. I've never been so excited to go on an errand before!! I think I need a me-date.... :D

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

That sounds HEAVENLY!!!!!! I need this soon!!!!

My Froley said...

Oh wowza I need a me date. I haven't had a me date in.... about a year, maybe more. (unless lunch breaks at work count - there are lots of charity shops around here, I spend my lunch time floating around the aisles, spontaniously buying something charming)

Sounds fab ! And that little display is darling (it totally IS the best buying things for little girls!!!)

http://myfroley.blogspot.com

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I take showers alone...lol...no one banging on the door...you know actually blow dry the hair after...I feel like a new person.



I bet it can wear you down being the only girl!!

Contemplating Beauty said...

fries and coke at McDonalds is my ultimate favorite!!!

Denise said...

i would do the exact same thing on a "me date," repalcing mc-d's with in-n-out! my kids are off to camp for 2 week next week and i am planning on having many "play-dates!"

can't wait!