2.07.2012

i've got the most high

ok guys i am freaking out!

have i told you that my boys L.O.V.E. rap music?
well, much to my detriment they do.
problem is rap music is so bad. i mean i really love the beats and melodies of rap i do.
lots of times the lyrics are so catchy.
but the lyrics are so foul.
talking about drugs, and sex and committing crimes. blah.
 surely not intended for a 10 & 12 year old. i hope
why do they play music like that on public radio.
i can't keep them form hearing it. i wish i could but, it's everywhere.
i feel like the only way i could is to keep them locked in their rooms 24/7.
not.gonna.happen.
that'd be torture for all of us, and i want them to live life.
live life and make good choices that will make the Lord smile.

today i was browsing around itunes and found this.







i'm freaking out...finally some rap that i will be glad to hear them sing.

favorite verse:
"i don't need drugs i've got the most high."

read the lyrics here

i know the whole drug thing is sort of yuck but i'd rather them 
sing about not needing them because they have Christ then singing:
"so what we smoke weed"
(you've heard that song right. 
everytime i turn on the radio and flip through the stations it's on 3 stations at once.)
plus my oldest is in middle school and he has classmates that already do drugs.
sad i know, but a reality.

tough guys love Jesus and i am so excited about it.

do you have any musical suggestions for me?
 i'd love to know what your listening to,

Photobucket

9 comments:

Kerrie Williams said...

as I started reading this I was totally going to suggest Lacrae! and then I saw the video, so you've already found him :)

The Olive Tree Blog said...

That is great! We used to listen the DC talk back in the day..I can still rap the middle part to Jesus Freaks...lol.

stephanie said...

kelly this is awesome! we love lecrae!! we play him at our church in our youth ministry all the time! if you need some more christian rap artist ideas let me know cause i know some more!!

... said...

ahhh how awesome!! :) I am glad you found this song!

Sarah B. said...

How cool that you found this! What do the boys think of it? I bet you're now resting a little easier :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! A wonderful song you can totally bop to!


'Young, Wild and Free"...I hateee when that song comes on the radio. It's a shame thats what my generation has to call 'music'

love from another Kelly!
labellecoeurblog.blogspot.com

kinze said...

i hear ya ... and i LOVE lecrae! good to know there are artist out there who care!

Contemplating Beauty said...

LOVE lecrae!!!!!!!!!!!! He's on all the time in this house!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's pretty cool! I've never heard of Lecrae, but I definitely like it! I really like listening to Christian music that doesn't sound like traditional gospel. I dont know if your boys like reggae, but you should check out Dominic Balli! He's pretty awesome! He's actually from a local church here in SoCal, but now he has a couple records out!