2.23.2012

Life's Lessons Thursdays

i feel like i have been a really bad steward of my time lately. i can tell you a million excuses as to why.{this week it was watching every episode of Downton Abbey} but what i have come to realize is that if it takes work i don't want to do it. 

lame. i know. 

the 365 days of his word challenge is near and dear to my heart. i wasn't a good steward of that either, but it's time for a change. 
i really want to make the time and put forth the effort in my life each day to live in the word of God
 i feel so much better when i do. facing the day with my armor is so much easier than not.
somehow even the gravest of situations seem manageable when actively spending time with the Lord.

i found some really cool quotes about reading the bible 

The Bible is a book that has been read more and examined less than any book that ever existed. 
~Thomas Paine

When you read God's word, you must constantly be saying to yourself. "It is talking to me, and about me."
~Soren Kierkegaard

Bible reading is an education in itself.
~Lord Tennyson


Reading the Bible without meditating on it 
is like trying to eat without swallowing. 
~Anonymous

all of these and the bible itself {of course} 
got something stirring inside of me.

so, here is the deal.
on the first and third thursday of each month 
i am going to host a link up called 

lessons in life: what i learned from the bible.
the idea is for everyone to write a post about 
1} what you read in the bible recently.
2} how it spoke to you.
3} how you applied it in your own life.
4} what you learned form it.

easy enough right?
it's on two times a month. 
the first link up will be on March 1st.
i do hope you'll join me.

Never place a period 
where God has placed a comma.
 God is still speaking. 
~Gracie Allen


*side note* you do not have to be signed up for challenge 365 to participate.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Sarah B. said...

This was great motivation for me!!!

nic said...

wonderful idea, and the kierkegaard quote resonated with me this morning. and also that bit by gracie allen--so true. (and a little bit scary. and a whole lot exciting.)

stephanie said...

this is lovely friend. love those quotes! i've been hearing so much about downtown abbey, but sure if i should give into the temptation! haha

myriahmae said...

I'm totally going to try and do this...it will help hold me accountable....because I too have gotten sucked into watching EVERY single episode of Downton Abbey!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Kelly! I'm so glad you'll be doing the link up! On another note, I must be completely living under a rock, but what is Downtown Abbey? I always see tweets about it, but I'm totally clueless!

Contemplating Beauty said...

I will see what I can do Kelly, it's a wonderful idea to have community together this way.
I LOVE S.K, he's one of my faves. And I am a total Word gal, I find all chaos goes away when my nose is in IT. I love the Lord so much, I can't breathe. Without His Word we can't grow.
XO

... said...

what an awesome idea!!!!!!!! :)

Blaire said...

Hey Kelly,

I love this idea I am trying to get through more of the old testament.It is sometimes hard when there is a bunch of killings to remember I am like the people of Israel being devoted to God when I am in trouble but not so much if things are fine. But I like these questions you ask as a good reminder i am not separate from the story I am part of the story.

Stephanie said...

Oh I love this!! I hope I get a chance to post something... I'm just discovering it the night before. What a great way to share how the Lord is working in our lives!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for this link up! :)

Visit me at http://mylifeunmasked.blogspot.com
(I am a new follower of yours)