9.08.2011

Say ah yea, Say alright, and More Awards!

on our way home from school yesterday i was playing this song (see video below)
it's definitely another faves i run it on repeat everyday.

okay back to my story. and my 12 y-o says to me "mom this song was stuck in my head all day."
i really felt like a proud momma, because if your gonna have a song stuck in your head it really ought to be this one. Just Sayin. seriously i had tears in my eyes.
the tears came from a totally happy place. my boys' (as in both of them) choice in music is not what i call music. i have posted about the before here. so for me this little happening was confirmation for me that i am doing the right thing by forcing christian music on them and trust me they buck back HARD.
thanks GOD for helping a girl out. I AM THANKFUL!


~Lyrics~


Father in heaven, forgive me for sinning
I know I need a new beginning.

Father in heaven, forgive me for sinning
I know I need a new beginning my world is spinning.

From sunrise to sunset help me not forget
All that you've done for me._wright/from_sunrise_to_sunset.html ]
From sunset to sunrise help me keep my eyes
Upon Your glory.

Say ah yea (ah yea)
Say alright (alright)
Every sunset (sunset)
Every sunrise (sunrise).

Oh I need ya, oh I need ya right now.
You came down from heaven above to
Show me Your way, You way is to love
So help me love love and not judge or hold a grudge sayin...

now for the awards 

todays award is 


it was given to me by karen at happily ever after go check her out she's amazing and strong.
i am thankful to "know" her and I admire her very much.


Here are the rules:
  •  Thank the award-giver and provide a link back to their blog
  •  Tell your readers 7 things about yourself
  •  Give the award to up to 15 recently discovered bloggers
  •  Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news

    okay so 7 more things about me. grr!

    1. spanish was my first language, my dads family got upset because i didn't speak english and my mom & her family stopped speaking spanish to me and i lost it. when i studied it in high school it came back quick. i started dreaming in spanish, it freaked me out. 
    2. seriously have an obsession with cutesie note pads. i had to start giving them away because i had so many. each time i give one away i have a mini stroke.
    3. i fear being a hoarder.
    4. i dont like seafood.
    5. i drink red wine...it's good for your heart... MKAY!
    6. i listened to karens blog music while i wrote this post. it's a great mix ya'll
    7. my parents got divorced when i was 14. hows that for random. or not so random. my husband and i work super hard on our marriage. he's the best.

    ~presentation of awards~

    ^okay so i've know her a while. but dude she is definitely a versatile blogger, and i love her. read her posts your sure to enjoy them^
    vivian @ a dance for 5
    meredith @ everything espey

    ok ladies
    YOUR UP!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

Kelly oh I love this. It is a great feeling to hear them singing a tune of worth/purpose...I feel the same of my kiddos. Now I know what to send you for a "happy"..note pads...love it!:)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I have a notepad addiction too. I was just thinking about how I need to give them away yesterday. I love Karen. She's a friend of mine and she is amazing. And she's just as gorgeous in person as she is in her pictures. If she wasn't so dang nice, I'd be jealous!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

I think it is SO COOL to hear that your son got this song stuck in his head. My mom would play CD's that quoted scripture while we were driving to school or whatever growing up, and to this day, I still remember the songs. And I also find that those Bible verses pop in my head from time to time. Good job, mama!!
And THANK YOU for the award... I'll be sure to pass on the love... you're so sweet xo

Karen said...

Do you know how awesome you are?? Thank you for the kind words!! Love ya! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cute notepads are the bane of my existence. Every time I see one I must buy it. I love this-getting to know more about you!! I can't wait to pass the award on! thanks love :)

stacey said...

Aw shucks. :) and p.s. am I the only one who sees the irony in #2 and #3? haha!

Wild Daisy said...

I love this song!! IT gets stuck in my head every time i hear it !! I have an obsession with cute Journals . i keep all of mine they are half full with crazy life moments..

much luv!

Vivian said...

Nothing better than uplifting music to brighten your day. Thank you so much for the award! You are so sweet. I've already received it in the past but thank you so much for thinking about me anyway. I usual I enjoy your blog so much :)

Kristen Thornburg said...

You are TOOOOOO TOOO TOOO Sweet!!!! It has taken me this long to get around to readign all my fave blogger's!! Grrr...been so busy!! We are on vacation now in Michigan...then to Phoenix in a few days...then back to Michigan...then back home... lol... it's a little nuts. Anyways, thank you SO much sweetie pie!!! I love you!!!