7.28.2011

the beach.

yikes when i say it like that it reminds me of the movie with leonardo dicaprio. YIKES!


when i think of the beach my heart goes here in .000098 seconds.














i'm sure you have heard me say before that my hubby is greek. the above photos are of the village  father-in-law hails from. 
it is heavenly... quaint and quiet.
we have had so much fun there WHEN we get to visit. I wish airfare were free. ha.ha.
the white house belongs to our family. the restaurant nest to it with the straw roof belongs to my f-i-l's cousin. they have a bull dog that tosses rocks / pebbles into the water for fun my boys had hours of fun playing with him.


see the large rock. they call it 
god's thumb.
i call it 
i'm having a heart attack.
my husband and boys like to jump off of it. :-/
i like to snorkel around it and look at all the fish that have made it a home.


one morning while i was snorkeling my father in law found an octopus. he gave it to my husband and when i came up to take a break he threw it at me. can i just say it was 
DISGUSTING!
it was dead. they were eating it raw.
 would you like some sushi???


that cute little boat belongs to the restaurant owner. i'm guessing he's bringing in the catch of the day.


my computer crashed with all of my greece pics on it. can i just say the intranet is an amazing thing that i found all the pics of the beach, and they are perfect.


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

have you entered my giveaway 

4 comments:

{cuppakim} said...

ack! this post is making me SO excited. i can't believe you get to go there and get the "insiders" point of view.

i love that a little internet gets you to places that are actually connected to you.

and snorkeling right out the front door. NUTS.

although that octopus story might keep me out of the water. SO GROSS.
i am getting the heebeejeebees just thinking about it.

Elaine D said...

These are great pictures!!
I think we should all go to Greece together.....I show you our villages and you can show us yours - ha ha!
These are just beautiful....

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to live so close to the beach! As long as it was a calm beach, I suppose! Beautiful photos. What a blessing to have been able to go there for a visit!

Quetzal Handmade said...

Awesome photos! For years I had the Greek Isles Calendars at my desk and even had a beautiful photo of Greece as my desktop background! Beautiful place, I think it's so awesome you have been there with your family! I'd love to visit there someday! :)