I am not very good a multitasking. I have said it a thousand times.
To help me be come better I have been making daily to do lists. My goal each day is to have everything on the list checked off. I was doing really, really good... Until Tuesday evening.
While I was making dinner/ cleaning up the kitchen son #2 a.k.a. Jimmy was supposed to be putting some of his things away.
A basketball
A football
A pop up hamper.
He was not putting these things away, he was tossing the balls into the hamper in the hall way.
GRRR!
We just painted the hall way! Double GRRR!
So, I say "STOP, playing in the hallway and put your things away."
To which this is his response "O.K. Mom"
So, I go back to my business. The next thing I know he is sprawled out in the hall holding his left foot.
OH, BROTHER!!!
I ask what happened and through his tears he tells me that he was trying to jump over the hamper and somehow landed on the football which gave way when he landed on it and now he is in extreme pain, and crying. He's 10. 10 year-olds don't cry.
Great!
He really is hurt.
UGH!
He can move it.
YAY.
But when he stands on it he can't put any pressure on it.
I'm thinking it's sprained. We take it easy for the rest of the night.
Wednesday morning he still can't walk. I call the dr. and they can't get him in until 2p.m. We get to the apt. and we get sent to take X-rays. To make this long story short. His foot isn't broken Thank God, but it is badly sprained. He needed crutches.
Sheesh!
Now his arms hurt.
The point of all this is that I had a personal goal on that list. I wanted to sit down each day and write on my blog monday-fri. It's silly, I know, but I have come to really enjoy this. I must of really needed to spend time with my little munchkin this week. When he's not in school I don't get much of anything done. He wants me right next to him.
God's plans are the best plans!
Jimmy is going to school today and I'm finding myself wanting to keep him home to spend time with me.
XOXO
1 comment:
Poor guy! I hope he feels better!! As for blogging - good luck juggling it all -- I still haven't found a way to yet :)
Post a Comment