the last few weeks have been crazy. sometimes that happens, life get crazy. today i feel like i am grasping at straws to stay afloat.
it's almost been a month now since my oldest friend went to be with Jesus. i miss her. i think of her every minute of everyday. i want her here. but i know she got her perfect healing and that she is safe in the Lord's loving arms.
how does salt go on with out pepper?
she left behind two beautiful children. a boy and a girl. 10 and 6.
she was born to be a mother.
one day my boys and i were over for a visit. her son is two years younger than my youngest, so he showed of in front of my boys often. this particular day he threw a toy, it bounced off the wall and hit the television. his momma told him to go to his room and he went without fight. i know you're probably all thinking we'll yeah thats what a child should do, but he was 18 months old you guys. and he went to his room and held his cry until his door was shut. she was that mom.
it feels so unfair that her girl will go through all the stages in life where are girl really needs her mom, friends, boys, dates, dances, graduation, wedding, and babies, without hers. there are so many things i want her to know, that i want her to remember about her mother, but i don't feel like it's my place. her birthday is in a few months and i want her to have copies of the movies that we grew up watching. the ones we reenacted countless times and all the music we listened to while laying out...
our mothers have been best friends since their freshman year of high school. they we're pregnant with us at the same time. we would vacation together while growing up. one vacation earned us the nick name salt and pepper....
on vacation together one summer(we were less than two) While on the pier with our daddies one vacation, I pulled her beautiful blond hair. From that point on her dad called us salt and pepper. I was salt because Her dad felt like I pulled her hair because I wanted blond hair too. Ha! I will her bright smile and her infectious laughter...
growing up we never went to the same school, but she cared about everything that i cared about. she would always ask about my friends as if they were her own. when you wanted to talk she would stop what she was doing and focus on you 100% as if you were the only person in the world.
there's so much more to say, but none of my words feel right.

3 comments:
I'm so sorry to read of your pain. As I read this I couldn't help but think of losing my mom. I would encourage you to do all you can for her children. I would pour love on them and give them whatever gifts you want. I'm not sure in the midst of their pain how they'll respond, but I believe that it will mean so much to them. If not now, and if not in front of you it will matter to them at some point.
kelly, my heart hurts for yours.
girl. i know that pain.
what wonderful memories you get to keep and treasure all of your days.
i'm praying that God comforts you beyond all understanding, and in turn will use your being comforted to comfort others. :)
lots of love.
kelly sending hugs and lifting you up in prayer today!! I think it would be very kind and thoughtful and a wonderful way for you to remember your friend by sharing what you know about her to her daughter. maybe not now if you don't feel but in time i think she will really appreciate it :) hugs!
Post a Comment