10.02.2012

it happened, he's taller


i'm really torn up about it. 

i mean, i remember the first time i felt him kick in my womb like it was yesterday.

i was laying on my hand-me-down 1970's orange floral sofa 
 on a dreary november evening reading him 
the moment i said 
"i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always, as long as i'm living my baby you'll be"
 i felt him. 
i stopped reading, lifted up my shirt and watched my tummy,
i was so amazed. it looked like a marble was about bust out.
i was already crying due to the book,
but his little pokes made me feel like no matter what he'd love me forever too.
before i realized what was happening I was ugly crying.
sheer happiness was flowing from my eyes. 

great!
 i'm crying again.

whatever!

"i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always, as long as i'm living 
my baby you'll be"


7 comments:

Contemplating Beauty said...

isn't it NUTS how that happens! I mean our kids are HUGE!!! I just can't get over it! I feel like a tiny little pueny little thing next to madelynn:o

gorgeous kid, he's gonna break some hearts.

Karen said...

What a sweet post. Thanks for making me cry! Why do they just keep growing??? Can't we freeze them for a while?

Jessica said...

that book always has me in tears and then Caleb laughs at me cause he thinks it's creepy that the mom crawls in his window and rocks him as an adult:)

The Olive Tree Blog said...

well now I've got tears...sweet sweet post!

Laura said...

I feel this post SO much! My son was in 8th grade when he surpassed me in height. This year, now 10th grade, he has almost hit 6' 1" (he would not want me to forget the extra 1"). It's still unreal to me. The deep voice, the size 10 1/2 shoes, the acne... the mood swings. It makes me emotional as well every time I think too much about it.

bandofbrothers said...

aw sweet. thanks for popping by. and i just read your "half cup revisited"---great post, especially the part about how you will sparkle and shine without knowing it, if you are doing it from the inside out!

Barbie said...

Kelly! So fun to "connect" again! I can't believe you have a baby who is taller than you! And oh so handsome! :) Loved this sweet post too...I'm such a crier! Are you still in Bako?