i can't move past these lines from the book...
"Mackenzie, you cannot produce trust, just as you cannot "do" humility. It either is or is not. Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved. Because you do not know that I love you, you cannot trust me."
"Rights are where survivors go, so that they won't have to work out relationships'"
~Sarayu
The Shack By Wm. Paul Young
i have so much swirling thorough my head right now based on these two quotes, and so much to say. so you know there is more to come on this... once i get my mind to settle. Whoa! talk about conviction.

5 comments:
such a good book.
That's a great quote! So true... Can't wait to see your words when your mind settles.
can you believe i've never read that book!? i need to. PS love the look of your new banner friend!
I look forward to hearing what you have to say about these quotes. trust... a topic I struggle with.
My Mom gave me that book a long time ago, and I never read it because I heard the first part of it was disturbing. Is it worth it anyway?
Post a Comment