9.25.2012

alanis and fiona.

a thank you.



thank you for being my "comfort music"
i pulled you out yesterday, i missed you girls.

thank you for allowing me to sing along with you. 
especially when i feel like an emo teen aged girl.
your voice make me think that my voice sounds good when i sing along.

thank you for taking me back to my sophomore year.
i fell in love with my mister that year.

thank you for always lifting my spirits and making my feel like i can do anything
even if it's only for four minutes. 
girl power

thank you for these. 
i like them a lot. a lot. a lot.

all i really want... is some peace man.

i got my feet on the ground and i don't go to sleep to dream.

and don't be alarmed if i fall head over feet.

+++

what's your comfort music?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't heard Alanis for a while but loved her album when it came out.
My comfort music changes. Right now that it's cold and rainy here I love Sam Lee as its folk music from Britain and works so well with the Autumn atmosphere.
I also like Edward Sharp and the magnetic zeros, they always make me happy.
Arcade Fire is also always great.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

loved these in highschool! lately I have been listening to the avett brothers and mumford and sons ... :)

Contemplating Beauty said...

these two have always been my favorite rock stars too. every.single.album.

xo (although I haven't heard fiona's new one, is it good, do I need to ask?)!

katygirl said...

alanis. had her tape in high school. goodddddddddd songs. ;)