6.13.2012

strength


{via}

i don't know about you but when i exercise i need near perfect circumstances.

i need loud music with a fast beat. but at the same time i need quiet, as in no one better be talking.

with the boys home all day everyday for the next 67 days (but whose counting) getting the things daone that I need to get is and has been a bit of a challenge. 

the other day i was on my treadmill, yep i'm one of those treadmill or bust kind of girls i had my music blasting and in comes my baby my 11 year old baby wanting to have a full on conversation. NO!

i thought to myself good lord son don't you see i am trying to exercise? i have headphones in my ears running at an 8 mile per hour pace. how in the heck do you expect me carry on a conversation with you. i'm going to fall off and break my neck 
dramatic i know
not that i don't want to talk to you, but if mommy doesn't get in a good exercise and run off the stress of you and brothers non stop bickering on only day 3 of summer vacation...life will not be pretty.
i stopped the treadmill took out my headphones and obliged him in his questioning. mind you he had no interest in talking to me before i started my workout. go figure thats they way it always goes.
i gave him some tasks to complete so that i could finish my workout. oh my that was a bad idea. he decided that if he was going to work then so was big brother and he started antagonizing him. next thing you know my boys are full on shrieking like girls and had each other in a headlock. how they both had an arm around the others neck is still beyond me.  so for the second time in my 30 minute run i had to stop the treadmill. 

i may have flipped my lid a little bit, and said excuse me gentlemen 
they hate when i call them gentlemen because i sound sarcastic. NO REALLY???!!!
  your father and i are good to you and respectful of you both, and we expect the same respect from you period. now i am going to get back on the treadmill and finish my workout and the two of you are going to go sit down on the couch and read until i am done. if you are not sitting on the couch when i get off you will be in your room for the rest of the day. ok?! thanks!!

guess what 3 more times i had to stop the treadmill. THREE. 
worst workout ever.

i saw the above sign today and i thought to myself geez this is so true. 

i really do love when my boys are on vacation, summer is my favorite we get to be lazy with a relaxed schedule and i do have the strength to get throughout the rough days. and if i don't have the strength i can rest easier because i know that if i call on the Lord each morning and through out the day HE will give it to me.


"The Lord is my strength, my shield. 
My heart was sure of him,
I have been helped and my heart exults, 
with my song I give him thanks."
Psalm 28:7

i sure am thankful for HIS Mercy and Grace and for MY strength.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Sarah Z. said...

Sooooo, did they sit in their room for the rest of the day like you said would happen??? =)

katygirl said...

Super cool sign thingy. And I'm a treadmill girl too. Anddddd I just realized I forgot to email you back again. Can you tell I'm spacey right now???

Jessica said...

yeah my workouts rarely go as planned. my kids always want to workout with me. i'm sure it comical to watch me trying to manuver around two kids.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

preach it sister!

lol you can just do what I do and pretend I can't hear them...yikes...I can't believe I just admitted that!?

Unless I see real tears I just ignore...or threaten to turn the movie off...which always works!

Jessica said...

I can so relate! I rock the treadmill at home too. My little guy comes in every single time I am on the treadmill and starts bouncing on my yoga ball or poking through stuff on my desk. It instantly makes the workout harder!

Oh, and I love that he has no desire to bug me when I am buggable...only when I am working out : )

Marie said...

this scene is playing in households all over america!

mine is with zumba and an audience of 3 offspring who apparently have NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO than bug the living day lights out of me while i'm trying to sweat!! or critique...not good to tell mommy she only got 3 out of 5 stars on her workout:)