in our family there are 4 girls...
i am so blessed to have been welcomed into the hubz family with opened arms. you see hubs has 3 sisters. ahaha. so i make number four. girls are weird. ok so we knew that. sisters are weird. i used to get my feelings hurt when they would tell me things that only sisters tell each other or when my mother in law would tell me things that only mothers tell their daughters.
one day i was super upset about something that they had said to me. so hubz calls his mama and says what the heck you guys DO NOT treat my wife like that. to which she replied your wife wants to be part of this family right? well, then we are going to treat her just like we treat each other ok? OK?
so hubs tells here's the deal...they said if you want to be part of this family there going to treat you like family...so i guess what i'm trying to say is toughen up and get over it.
you would have expected me to be shocked but i wasn't. for some reason it made me feel good. not exactly because they were mean once in a while but that they were comfortable enough to tell me what they thought especially when it was something that i probably really needed to hear.
at my own wedding in 1998 i said in front of everybody i always wanted a sister and now i have three...
i just didn't really fully understand what that would mean.
what it means is that someone is always going to call you on your B.S.
{via}
being grown up now and one of the girls... the last few weeks have been so much fun being involved with middle sisters wedding planning. and i must say i have a whole new appreciation for
being grown up now and one of the girls... the last few weeks have been so much fun being involved with middle sisters wedding planning. and i must say i have a whole new appreciation for
"SISTERS"
linking up here.



4 comments:
thats tough - but at least you're fully integrated into the family now :) i grew up with two sisters (and the husband has none) and there is something special about that bond between girls - so glad you get to experience it now :)
You are one lucky lady! I still wonder how I made it trough life (still do) without a sister. I have been blessed to have found some real true friends.
sisters are so much fun ( i have 2, and 3 sister in laws)... but can also be so annoying.. i guess family in general can be annoying ...haha, but i would never want a life without them... =)
I had no idea, well ya I did, but I didn't realize you had 3 sisters!!! What an incredible couple weeks you have ahead of you, I am SO glad you are blessed with sisters, I have one and I feel over the moon happy and blessed and grateful for her, so I can only imagine how you feel....this was so sweet of you and really beautiful! And of course so true.
Post a Comment