on saturday i made my tiny man come outside with me and pull weeds in the garden so that hubz could have a little time to study.
tiny man sprayed me with the hose. then proceeds say "i didn't spray you the hose is barely on."
son i said, my back is soaking wet. now get over here and help me pull these weeds.
he used the back end of the hammer to till the dirt and get the weeds out. at least that's what he said he was doing. he left all the weeds mixed in with the dirt.
picked my cherry tomatoes and "accidentally" stepped on a few and says,
wow the green tomatoes are green inside.
i had to restrain myself from saying, "No Really." GRRR!!!
then as if i wasn't already
i took a deep breath and say "here's the thing son...."
he holds his hands up cutting me off RUDE
and says,
"wait a minute MOM i am not a counselor
DON'T tell me your problems"
he must of seen the shock and anger roll across my face because he took off in the opposite direction of me. yelling burned, i burned you MOM all the while laughing.
i mean i wanted to laugh too. it was funny. what eleven year old says that? but before i laughed i had to whip his little butt lovingly and kindly send him to his room for being disrespectful.
when i came back into the house and my husband asked what that was all about i couldn't even tell him through my tears of laughter. once i finally got a hold of myself and got it out, hubz was SO PROUD that HIS son is SO quick witted.
is something wrong with us for thinking it was funny?
maybe we do need counseling. maybe.


6 comments:
haha so funny! I loathe when I am in the middle of disciplining and it suddenly becomes funny! It is even more funny when my kids are trying to keep a straight face...
great story!
p.s. pretty garden!
That is really funny. Must be hard to draw the line when kids are quick-witted like that. Wanting to encourage that, yet wanting them to be respectful. Cute garden, btw!
Oh my word I swear I felt like I was reading an exchange between me and my 11 year old. I've been trying to teach him the difference between WITTY and RUDE, all while trying to keep a straight face and not strangle him. :D
I love his sense of humor! Gave you a ride on the parenting roller coaster didn't he?!
I am looking forward to laughing at this kind of stuff. ;)
Post a Comment