6.12.2012

defensive

i have  a problem.

every time my husband or anyone for that matter asks me a question i go into a mile long explanation of why this is my answer before actually giving the answer.
my husband ALWAYS says, a simple yes or no would suffice.





i have been thinking on this and can't figure out why it is that i do this. why am i always on the defense? why do i always feel like i have to justify my answer. no one probably cares.
it's weird. i'm an adult and can't communicate. ahhhh!!!




my conclusion is this:
it's a habit.
a habit that i am in need of breaking.

identification of a problem is the first step to overcome said problem.

nows the hard part... changing it...practice makes perfect

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristen @ Hope Abound said...

I do the same thing and it too bothers the day light out of me. I always get the same look from my hubby and feel bad for explaining.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

oh. hello you are preaching to the choice here!

I have the hardest time saying no...I mean I am a grown adult!? but I feel I need to justify my no's...I am overwhelmed with guilt...I am weak...I can't help it ;)