3.20.2012

on friends...

i am having some writers block.
weird. 
i always have something to say.


i wrote this some months back as a guest post on my friend kim's blog, and decided to share it with you today. 

the current season of my life is busy. my husband works two jobs. he has an amazing full time job and recently started teaching at a local college. to say he is driven would be an understatement. my boys play football, the schools they attend are across town and they get out at different times.i think i should rename my blog "taxi cab confessions" for the time being. LOL! don't get me wrong i love that i am able to be at home. 

what i don't love lately is that i have been catching more than my fair share of grief from people a.k.a friends who think i do absolutely nothing all day long. after all what would i have to do all day my kids are in school.

i was talking to one of my friend this week about us women being our own worst enemies. in the old days, women would lift each other up daily and help each other through thick and thin. that's why they would meet weekly to sew.ha! today it seems to me as though we are all so worried about being the best that we put each other down. not only do we put each other down we keep kicking once one of us goes down.


so what i really wanted to get across today 
(because i didn't intend on writing a poor me post.)
is this


Source: None via Kelly on Pinterest
 ~love one another~
   "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
1 John 4:7-10




~speak words of kindness~
Gotta LOVE Audrey





~lift each other up~
"a true friend is like an angel who lifts us up when we cannot fly"


and if all else fails...


be a true, loving, kind friend 
who lifts people up. 

Photobucket

9 comments:

Blaire said...

Hello kelly, I am sorry your "friends" are giving you grief. I can't wait to be a stay at home mom but I do wonder sometimes what my friends will think about that. It seems backwards in our world today but I think it is wonderful you are there for your kids.
Also hope you can work through your writer's block... I know how much it sucks to want to write but can't.
Have a good day.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I am with you in the writer's block camp.

I think women need to embrace supporting each other instead of critiquing one another.

Great post!

Sarah B. said...

What a beautiful reminder to speak in love - hope your friends learn that lesson soon!

EverythingIam-blogspot.blogspot.com said...

Kelly, stay at home mom's have the hardest jobs ever! I know your working hard to raise your children in Christ. Keeping a lovely home, Loving your husband when he gets home. I take my hat off to you! Pray for your friends, lift them up to the Lord & advise them you are doing the Lord's plan by being there for your family.

Have a great day, friend.

Contemplating Beauty said...

I'm so glad you re-posted it because I think it needs to be said, so thank you for sharing it!
It's crazy how many times the bible actually says TO ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER AND LIFT ONE ANOTHER UP, I mean over and over in the Epistles!
If we all lived out Jesus' example of LOVE, then we'd all get what we want and need but unfortunately in this fallen broken world, us women get too wrapped up into comparisons, games, and envy, it's so sad! I think we are threatened by one another at times though when we have no reason to be, especially in the blog world when we can't really see into peoples real lives...thanks for sharing your heart Kelly!!!

sarah said...

girl. SO good, and such truth. i love you and im thankful you shared this, and im sorry people have judged. so not cool. :) God has made you for THIS...for being a mom and raising your family, and what a GIFT it is. :) love you!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

girl, i love you and when you hit truth like this. thanks! happy to call YOU friend xo

Janna Renee said...

Since Will has been gone- I have done MORE work around the house than I ever have...I assume that's what it's like when your kids are at school. That's when you have time to keep the house up. I was actually thinking the other day, that it's so hard to keep up with cleaning vents, cleaning door jams, detailing appliances and all the other stuff that gets left undone when life happens. I think it's GREAT that you have this opportunity!

SilhouetteParisienne said...

What a nice post, i love your blog!