2.09.2012

marquee lights

on a recent trip to L.A. my mom and i were driving around downtown, and through hollywood 
we were surrounded by very important buildings, theatre's and comedy club.


{via}
i looked up and said 
"mom i want my name on one of these buildings"
of course she laughed, but i was serious. 
i just need to think up some master plan to get my name up there.

maybe i could learn how to dance and host a show at viper room.
i'm seriously kidding about this one.
 but i do love the movie burlesque?

maybe i could learn how to sing...

 maybe i could think up a comedy act...

maybe i could be a magician...
magic castle anyone?

maybe i need help...
any ideas?

in the meantime 
maybe i'll just decorate my house or a room with marquee lights
what a statement piece. don't you think?

{via}

just maybe this is now on my to do list.
{via}


for the d.i.y. click here.



Photobucket

9 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog said...

as soon as you get there...I'm coming to see you ;)

Laura Caddell said...

I love those. Saw some at Anthropologie also! I want to see your when/if you do them :)

stephanie said...

haha you could totally come up with a song and dance act. i'd come to see it!! love those light letters!!!

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

Oh I love it, thanks for posting the DIY. That would be so fun to add to a room in our house! I left the Christmas lights up (not the decorations, just some white lights) but a marquee would look less like the holidays, huh?!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

I would totally come see you dance :)

Contemplating Beauty said...

Haha as usual you crack me up Kelly! LOVE it! Yes, let's see, how can we get your name up in lights?!!

... said...

you are so adorable!! :) i love that "love" above the piano!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I am a sucker for signs. I dig the LOVE one.

EverythingIam-blogspot.blogspot.com said...

I always wondered what it would be like to have my picture up in lights. Let me know when it happens to you. Thank you for your story :)