2.20.2012

he bought me shoes

my husband is a CrossFitter
so i'm sure you can imagine his disappointment  
when i make every single excuse i can not to workout.
(seriously girls he pouts)
i've been in a workout funk for well over a year.
not good
my latest excuse to not work out is that my tennis shoes are old and 
have no more cushion or support.

well yesterday he called my bluff...

while i was visiting my grandma he text me and asked what size shoe i wear?
he doesn't know this? ha!
i replied, too wrapped up with my grandma to really think about it.
i did secretly hope he was ordering me a new pair of toms 
because you see i need them in every color.
he didn't.
he bought me these.
isn't he sweet?!?
he took my excuses away, and i sort of really want to work out
now that i can work out in style. :)
doesn't he have good taste?

so today 
i guess i'll let him show me a WOD
i.e. workout of the day 

speaking of WOD's
the names are hilarious.
the girls
you should google WOD's it's great!
i just can't take it serious.
due to the names

my friend called me last week and asked me to go to a CrossFit session.
i made excuses, and why can't i escape this madness?!

but this is a new week and thanks to these cute shoes
courtesy my super HOT hubby i think i'll give this thing a shot,
and because i know his beautiful heart... he's concerned for my health. 

Ephesians 5:22-33


22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, 26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, 30 because we are members of his body.31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.32 This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 33 However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

bits of splendor monday
Photobucket

12 comments:

Karen said...

Those are some hot shoes!! Have fun with your WOD :) Yesterday's sermon was on Ephesians 5:22-33, love it!

grey rose (they/them) said...

awesome shoes!
and i love that scripture...xo

Contemplating Beauty said...

:0 what a guy, and too too cute, and they are PINK! Love that and this little story!!!

Earl-Leigh said...

They are so cute! He did a great job.

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!!! I'm typically not a fan of pink, but those add just a little pop of sas....which I"m ALL FOR! Get out there girl! Work it out!

Leslie said...

Oy! I've worked out about 4 times in the last year, and I'm feeling it. Maybe I need to set a goal and reward myself with some fancy new pink shoes when I reach it. :) Hope your shoes keep you light on your feet!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Love the shoes and I love that your hubby wants you to be healthy. It will be a new thing for you two to share together. Have fun!

stephanie said...

those shoes are awesome kel! he does have good taste. and my whole family used to crossfit and the names ARE hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on he new shoes! Your hubby is so sweet! New shoes would definitely be a motivating factor for me too! Haha!

EMily said...

how sweet is that...those are awesome!!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

haha great post...I too would have taken the toms...lol. My husband is mr. work out he get up really early and runs like 7 to 10 miles a day...he quit asking me to workout with him a loooonnnngg time ago...I'd rather sleep ;)

Laura Caddell said...

you crack my up kelly! I feel like I can actually hear you talking, the way you write. so funny. And I love that you thought he was getting you toms. It's so sweet though that he got you these. B got me a pair of new balances for my bday back in the day. thats a whole story in itself too! haha! love you, thanks for linking up!