1.16.2012

heart.garland

last week i went back to work for a few days to do kindergarten testing for children entering kindergarten for the 2012-2013 school year.

i loved it. i loved teaching preschool before i "retired" but i was reminded everyday at 2:00 pm why i "retired" in the first place. 
my day really is only getting started when 
i make my rounds to gather my boys from school. 

we have practice for what ever is the sport of the season 
church some nights
youth group another night
homework
chores
dinner needs to be made 
and the 
list.goes.on.

my hat goes off to all of you mom's that can keep up with the home and a full time job.
i just get stressed.

i was stressed come friday night.
so when i woke up saturday morning i knew it was time to de-stress.
and what is a better way to de-stress then spend the morning crafting?
so that's exactly what i did.
here's what i made...


heart.garland:


supplies:
2 sets of string lights *target dollar section for $2.50 each
scissors
fabric *i used red and white costume satin. 1 yard red and 1/2 yard white. and 1 1/2 yards red tulle 


1) cut your fabric in to 1 1/2 inch wide x 12 inches long strips
*this was the fun part ha! actually it was slightly therapeutic ;)


2) tie your fabric on to the cord loosely *you want to be able to straighten it once your all done.


3) continue tying on your fabric in any order that strikes your fancy.
    i had about 6 inches between hearts. so this is the order i went in:
   1 red satin 2 tulles, 1 white, 2 tulles and 1 red. 


4) admire your beautiful work


5.) hang it up & admire it some more


it glows beautifully when the lights are low.

it's a little frilly and girly but that's precisely why i {heart} it!




Photobucket

11 comments:

Karen said...

I love the garland, Kelly!! It is perfect!

stephanie said...

So fun Kelly!!! I love it. So girly!! ; )

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I love teaching! The garland is so pretty!

www.cancerinthecity.com

April said...

ummm this is soooo cute...I love it!!! And the EAGLES totally rock...xoxo

The Olive Tree Blog said...

love these I sell these in my shop every year...but this year our target doesn't have any :(

I too am sooooo amazed at those who work full time and raise a family...seriously.

kinze said...

very cute ... i need to decorate my home for lover's day!

katygirl said...

Super cute Kelly!!!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

That is super creative and cute, Kelly! I love it. : )

... said...

this is adorable! you are so fun!!

Laurie J said...

super cute!
<3