12.02.2011

a secret

i have a secret i want to share with you
and
no i am not pregnant.
that ship has sailed.

for my whole life i always wished to have these

Source: tumblr.com via Kelly on Pinterest
Source: mrkate.com via Kelly on Pinterest

would you still be my friend if i did?

i always tease my husband that it's happening
and ask if he'll still love me.
he always says "of course i will still love you. i don't love you for your hair."

yesterday i told my boys it was happening.
they encouraged me to do it.
:D

as much as i love how they look
actually
i think i am intrigued by it
i am going to leave my hair alone.
i like how it feels to run a brush through it,
and if i had dreadlocks and got tired of them
and they had to be cut out... it would be bad.
i look terrible with short hair. i tried that once when the show felicity was on.
Source: google.com via Kelly on Pinterest

it was a beautiful cut on keri russell.
 on me
not.so.much.

bottom line 
a girl can day dream...because clearly i don't have the guts to follow through.


Photobucket

P.S. my friend stephanie is having a giveaway on monday so be sure to check it out @ 

_MG_0736

you won't want to miss it. 

15 comments:

stephanie said...

oh man i think you should totally do it! dreadlocks are amazing. they stink, but look so fun! i get what you're saying about having to cute your hair off though. remember the movie sabrina with harrison ford ad julia ormond? yeah after seeing that when i was like 13 i chopped my locks and it was disastrous!!!!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

i think you should do it! you'd look amazing!!!

katygirl said...

the felicity thing cracks me up. i never understood why she did that.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

haha...I so don't have the guts either but I do love dreads and those who go bold with hair color...I stick with odd accessories that I can remove at the end of the day :)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

It never hurts to dream! : ) I was so bummed when Felicity cut her hair!

Contemplating Beauty said...

You absolutely CRACK ME UP! My daughter wants dredz too!!! I say go for it....you only live on this earth ONCE!

Marie said...

too funny!

i just did the "felicity" and cut all of my long curly hair off again!...i was being mistaken for my son's older sister again (sigh). maybe i'll try for long hair in another 5 years...

Anonymous said...

haha you are funny friend :) I would still be your friend if you did it! but I agree with you, I like running a brush through my hair and I didn't like the way a short cut looked on me either. love u!

Kate said...

Ive always been intrigued by dreds too, i'd never do it but, i always deep down wanted too! They are beautiful! IMO. Its funny you asked your husband that, i ask him the same things hehe. Would you still love me if....

In our sea of love

... said...

Of course i'd be your friend! I knew someone who did it...his hair smelled so bad! Ha ha!! :)

I am ner to her blog....love it! :)

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Just came across your blog, Kelly, and I gotta say- I like you! I've read several posts and am following. Love your attitude! The Felicity thing cracked me up...that was one of my fav shows. My hubby used to tease me and say "Why are they always whispering???" Drove him nuts.
Whatever you decide to do with your hair will be amazing- you're a beautiful girl! Ahem, woman. Miss 31 who looks 21!

jessica said...

I wanted dreads after I met this gorgeous girl this summer. Her's weren't the thick kind, but it just worked for her. I was considering doing it, but wouldn't know where to start/ my hair isn't long enough/ I really miss my long hair. My fiance said the same thing when I asked what he thought. LOL

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com

Erin James said...

you are too funny and cute!! :)

XO

erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I think you should do it! Dreadlocks are such a fun way to wear hear.
Oh - Fancy That.

Sarah B. said...

I think you'd look great!! But I understand about the guts thing.... I'm still working up the nerve to put highlights in my hair for pete's sake :)