so here is a truth about me.
i am allergic to confrontation.
i literally get hives from the stress over load.
i have medicine for it.
seriously!
lately when i have been put in these situations
i have tried to get out of them by ignoring them.
i keep ending up with a big lump in my throat and an ache in my heart.
i am a people pleaser
i think that the GOD has been working on me in this area.
he has been putting me in situations that i can not run from.
wish i could but, it just makes me a coward.
it's not like it's been anything super bad.
i just need to speak my heart and let people know how i feel.
for the sake of my relationship with people.
for me i feel like it's easier to just go along with things, and then distance my self from the person that i don't want to confront.
lately when i have been put in these situations i have tried to get out of them by ignoring them.
i keep ending up with a big lump in my throat and an ache in my heart.
it happened again yesterday.
i knew that GOD wanted me to speak my heart.
i put on my big girl pants
i put on my big girl pants
i said a prayer and made the dreaded call.
it went a lot better than i expected.
i felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off of my chest.
it was good.
it was good.
"do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewal of your mind,
that by testing you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good acceptable and perfect."
romans 12:2
how do you handle being put in uncomfortable situations?
when you have to confront someone or speak a truth what do you do?
i need advice.


11 comments:
Good for you! So glad you prayed 1st. : )
congrats - it always feels good to do something you've been dreading....way to go :)
love,
elisabeth
http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/
oh mamma. i run from confrontation tooooo! it's scares the crap out of me. BUT i will say when i've had to do it, it does feel like a load of bricks off your chest afterwards. proud of you friend! God is so faithful to help us through!!!
oh sweet friend...praying for you! ummm I like to avoid confrontation at all cost...?
I am sooo the same way. I have been a people pleaser my whole life and is something that I pray about all the time. I am so glad God gave you the strength to be able to confront what needed to be! Go you :)
i am also not great with confrontation. It used to cause me to have insane anxiety. Now, I don't like it, but I can handle it. I do my best to act with Godly character in all situations so even when conflict comes along, I know I can stand assured of my integrity. Don't get me wrong. I make mistakes, lots of them. I have found it is much easier to humble myself and repent to whoever I may have offended than to carry the burden!
Praying for you for wisdom in your situations!
i don't love confrontation, but have learned it can be healthy to confront situations rather than letting them linger. my advice is to find neutral ground and use 'i feel' statements to not put the other person on the defense. it isn't fun, but it is often necessary for healthy relationships! hang in there.
you should read the book, boundaries! changed my whole thinking on this. :)
love that you called it putting on your big girl pants! LOL. proud of you mama :) love you.
You have such a way with humor, I adore that about you kelly!!! I've said it many times, you crack me UP!
Have you ever read the book BOUNDARIES? It's super popular christain book http://www.christianbook.com/boundaries-book-and-workbook/henry-cloud/pd/245535?kw=boundaries%20book&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&cm_mmc=Google-_-Titles-_-marriage-_-boundaries%20book&gclid=COGNmpC-g60CFacZQgod7D7SRw
it addresses a lot of this stuff you are talking about, you'd love it!
I have the same exact problem. Dealing with it currently. Thanks for sharing this, my friend! It really encouraged me. Love you!
Post a Comment