9.20.2011

The One Thing Needful

"...there is need of only one thing. 
Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her."
 LUKE 10:42


you know the story of mary and martha. martha was upset because mary wasn't helping her serve her many guest. so she walks over and belly aches to Jesus and Jesus tells her in not so many words to quit her belly aching because right now I (the word of God) am the only thing you need.


I feel like i have been stuck in a rut for a few weeks now. 
belly aching that no one wants to help me.
i feel like there are literally not enough hours in the day. 
there is always something to do or somewhere to go. am i in my business spending enough time with GOD?


while it's true i have been reading my bible everyday.(join the challenge?) is that enough? i have come to the conclusion that it's not. we are to pray without ceasing...NO? 


Christian Conduct
 12 But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, 13 and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another. 14 We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. 16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not quench the Spirit; 20 do not despise prophetic utterances. 21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; 22 abstain from every form of evil.
 23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
 25 Brethren, pray for us.
 26 Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss. 27 I adjure you by the Lord to have this letter read to all the brethren.
 28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Thessalonians 5: 12-28

my point in all this is i don't think i am spending enough time in prayer or thanking the lord for all that i have each day
are you?

{my anniversary flowers...all my faves in one boquet}

Happy Tuesday!



Photobucket

10 comments:

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I need to spend more time with God. Great post...

www.cancerinthecity.com

grey rose (they/them) said...

yes.
we do need more. more of HIM.
in every minute, seeking him, honoring him. we strive daily to die daily, to ourselves. this is a toughie for me sometimes!

love ya!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I could always use more. : )

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

So convicting! Thank you for this, my friend. I just purchased the book "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" and I'm so excited to read it. Praying for ya, sister! xo

Wild Daisy said...

Amazing post girl!! I love it!!! I am right there with you my friend I will be praying for both of us!!

xoxoxo

ashley marie wilson said...

I feel ya girlie, i feel like 10:30 at night comes and i havent done anything but things i've had to do and take care of all day somtimes, lol

ashley marie wilson said...

I feel ya girlie, i feel like 10:30 at night comes and i havent done anything but things i've had to do and take care of all day somtimes, lol

The Olive Tree Blog said...

such a great reminder!!

Kristen Thornburg said...

That is a really wonderful reminder, friend!! I love you!
&& gorgeous flowers!

Jami said...

Thanks for linking up girl. We are SSOOOO on the same page lately. Thanksful for you! xoxo