9.16.2011

blessed, social media, & bible verses!

how's that for a post title. i think it's my favorite so far. LOL! i am in a totally laughing mood today. i'd like to say it's just me, and that my soul is full of joy ALL.THE.TIME.
but, it's not.

Photobucket

{like my picture? i saw this driving down the street the other day and pulled over and took the photo. 
my son (and others driving by) thought i was a freak} 

you see i am a grouchy grouch face most of the time. i get put out by my kids asking me for a glass of milk, or a cookie, or a sandwich, or dinner, or breakfast. hhhhhhhh the horror. what the heck is wrong with me. i have written a post before about not having a servants heart. i really really want one. but how do i get outside my own measly head for 5 minutes and realize it's not about me?

i mean i know it's not god put me hear to serve. why, why, why, do i buck the system so hard. Boo.

okay so this wasn't what i had in mind for a post so back to the original theme.

i am blessed. 

i am blessed to have a husband who loves US and works hard for US
i am blessed to have my gorgeous boys
i am blessed to still have both of my parents
i am blessed to have a brother
i am blessed to have a loving extended family
i am blessed to know Jesus
i am blessed to be healthy & have a healthy family
i am blessed to have a roof over my head & clothes on my back
i am blessed to know many wonderful people

i am blessed


have i ever mentioned that i am a procrastinator? well hhhhhhhh the horror. i am. i am the director of the sunday school at my church. i have work to do. it starts in 2 weeks. in need to plug in 88 bible verses into 88 s.s. lessons. i should be done already but, i'm not. elaine if you're reading this you have my permission to kick my a$$. ok!

yesterday i was feeling overwhelmed so i turned to twitter for some help rounding up some bible verses. i'm not really on twitter all that much, and i really didn't think that anyone would respond.

i should of know better because God is Good!

these three ladies
jami @ call me blessed
meredith @ everything espey
hannah @ happy days
were quick to help a girl out and now i am more than 3/4 of the way to my goal of 88.
So would you please go tell them how awesome they are.
Thank You!


and can you help a girl out??? 
i need 15 more verses! 
What Your Favorite?



Photobucket

16 comments:

Jami said...

I love you! I was gonna write the same post but I couldn't get a screen shot of my twitter and got frustrated! hahahah
here's a few more:
Lamentations 2:19
Luke 11:9
John 15:7
Mark 11:24

Not sure if you already had these or not.

xoxo

Jami said...

ok, I also have to laugh at the order you places our twitter handles, you probably didn't realize that my full name is "Jami Meredith"! It was meant to be. Holla!

Anonymous said...

deuteronomy 7:6, phil 4:8, hebrews 4:16, oh and phil 4:6-7....you may already have them, but they are some of my favs.

love you friend! and that sign is awesome. i would've stopped too :)

Sarah B. said...

What a great list of blessings to be thankful for! My favorite "verse" is all of Psalm 121 :)

{cuppakim} said...

my most favoritest verse ever is John 14:27 [27] Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
(John 14:27 ESV)

:)

ashley marie wilson said...

one of my faves:
2 Corinthians 9:8-12 (ESV)

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times you may abound in every good work. As it is written, ‘He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.’ He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.”

grey rose (they/them) said...

thanks for starting my day off by being blessing focused. and even more so, the giver of those blessings. he is good!

also, wish i was in your sunday school class;)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

You'll get there girl! And those kiddos are going to have their socks blessed off by your work!

Jen said...

My favorite right now:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

<3 you

Leslie @ top of the page said...

hey! i love this post. thanks for being so honest about yourself b/c we're all in the same boat, well, at least i am. esp on point 1 about being a servant. i have many other fine qualitie though! haha. what are the lessons you need verses for? i can help if you need. also, you should use bible gateway and try out the verses in NIrV, which is NIV for early readers. i love it for my kids.

Moments and Impressions said...

I love John 8:12.

Kristy said...

I needed to hear this today!! I am the SAME way!! I get so frustrated when my kids CONSTANTLY need something from me!! I want to have a servant's heart, but really struggle with it!!

Anonymous said...

I loved helping you out...and I agree with Hannah-I want to be in your SS class!

Myriah Mae said...

Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap the harvest if we do not give up."

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I love how honest you are! I am a patient person but I cringe when I hear I wanna drink 80 million times a day :)...it always seems to be the second I sit down not 15 seconds prior when I was standing in the kitchen...lol

here is my go to scripture : For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 1 tim 1:7

Kristen Thornburg said...

You are so honest and open... love you so much friend!! Can we please skype soon? I want to meet you face to face!!!