8.25.2011

precious moments

i witnessed a PRECIOUS MOMENT today. it was a special gift from God.


as you all know my first born started Jr. High on monday. *tear* he has lots of classes and lots of ginormous books, as does the rest of the student body.


i was waiting in the pick up line today to get my baby (whose not so baby anymore.) all the kids were coming out of the school ready for their journey's home. i see this little girl struggling with her backpack. it was stuffed. she was struggling. 
she started to laugh. so i think to myself what the heck is she laughing at.  i looked around and i see this big huge man dressed in a jumpsuit. he must be a mechanic of some sort. he walked over to her and picked up her back pack. she looked up into his face with eyes that said you are my hero, looked down and shyly shook her head. he bent down and kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug. Obviously he was DADDY. he threw the backpack over his shoulder making it seem as though it was light as a feather and they started their walk back to the car. after only a few step she put her arm through his. with a big huge smile on her face.
Dad caught me staring at them. surely looking like a freak. being nosey runs in my family and we are obvious. so all i could do is smile. 





big hot steamy tears started running down my face. i am not sure why? i think it was because it was so sweet and tender. it also made me wish i had a daughter so my husband could have a relationship like that with his little girl. But, alas God's plans ARE the best plans.


it's moments like these that assure me that there is still love & kindness in this crazy world!


thank you Lord for allowing me to witness this sweet 
precious moment.




Photobucket

11 comments:

Marie said...

Ah, so sweet! Love this! I love when I catch those moments between my husband and my own daughter!

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

That is precious! Thanks for sharing.

The Olive Tree Blog said...

precious and sweet! My dad was gone more than he was home so it felt like I grew up in a single parent home...I love love love more than anything to watch my husband with our daughter...ahhh

Sarah B. said...

What a lovely scene! And I have a feeling you are going to be blessed with many granddaughters down the road (don't get me wrong... FAR down the road, haha!) :)

Meredith said...

This put such a smile on my face! What an encouraging scene to get to witness.

Erin said...

What an awesome thing to see. I hope my three girls will cherish their daddy their whole lives (even in jr. high!).

Karen said...

That is such a beautiful moment!! If I had been there I would have been crying too except that I probably wouldn't be able to control myself and would start that breathing thing when you cry so hard. This post made me smile!!

Vivian said...

I've imagined the whole thing and I'm right there with you. PRECIOUS!

ashley marie wilson said...

awww daddy/daughter moments are always too much for me. instant tears. one part of me is sad that i didn't have that with my dad and the other part of me is excited that if i have a girl, that she will get to have that. beautiful! i can't wait to see how pretty your babygirl will be when you have one ;)

xoxo
ashley

Anonymous said...

absolutely precious. thanks for sharing that moment. it just brought my heart joy :) i just love hearing stories like this. xoxo!

grey rose (they/them) said...

yes! so precious. i have witnessed a few moments like that, too. praise jesus for sweetness!

xo