7.12.2011

necklace display, holder, whatever. & T.M.T.

it's finally done!

Photobucket
can you tell i love pearls?
sorry about the fuzzy picture. i had to use my phone. 

did i mention that my camera was broken on July 4th. it was. my child in his excitement to see his cousins crashed in to me and the cam went flying out of my hands and bounced repeatedly across the street while i watched in horror. i want to cry thinking about it.  whatever. now i have an excuse to get a new one. 

here's what's 
tickling my fancy:

i know nothing about cameras, so this one may not be so great. 
i am opened for suggestions. i really know nothing about cameras. i do know i want one that can take multiple frames per second and a super great zoom because my boys are sporty! 


Photobucket

17 comments:

Meeling said...

Yay for camera shopping! I'm in the same boat right now too...mine just quit on me. Personally I've never been a Nikon fan, but I know people who love them. I used to always be a Minolta gal til they went away. I've been looking at the Canon's...I like their control layouts, just feel right to me, but there are so many mondels...I can't decide!!

Good Luck with your choice and have fun shooting lots of pics!!

Kristen Thornburg said...

Your jewelry holder looks great!! I love the pattern!!
Also, I want a new camera...SLR... I am lusting over the Canon 7D... I'll be saving for a while. ha - it's like 2 grand.

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

the jewelery holder looks great :) so pretty!
good luck with the camera search...sorry I'm not much help!

Anonymous said...

cute!! love that jewelry holder. i need to make one of those :)

{cuppakim} said...

wow, that turned out AWESOME! You are quite the creative lady! i have a fun necklace holder, which i want to make a second one of, and post a how-to on my blog...this is reminding me to start working on that! ;)

and i have that camera...sorta. i have the older sister first generation D3000. I LOVE it. I think they have added a few new features to the 3100 too! I vote you get it! :)

SV said...

It looks sooo good! I think you inspired me to do one...except I'm not sure where I could put it. Where are you putting yours?

Mandy said...

That is adorable! I've been wanting to make one of these for quite a while. You've inspired me :)

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

awww this looks great! aaannnddd i spy a vintage pendant that looks familiar!!! <3

Katie @ minivan diva said...

LOVE it!! Good job!

Annette said...

Love the jewelry holder! Functional AND pretty! I think I would have a heart attack watching my camera bounce across the street! I got a new canon rebel xs earlier this year and I love it. The kit lens doesn't zoom very far and I ended up getting a zoom lens. Good luck!

Kelly said...

I'm just a point and shotter -no DSLR for me. Since my camera took a dip in the ocean, I ordered a Panasonic because I have heard of too many glitches with canon and nikon. I'll let you know if it is any good when it comes in the mail!

Laura said...

GREAT Job! Love that fabric and with the black it looks perfect!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh no!!! Poor camera - I have a cheepi olympus right now but would love something really nice...sigh...I'll have to see what you pick!

Alyss said...

Love me some pearls. I wear mine with everything.

kinze said...

sorry to hear about your camera but a new one sounds fun :) love your blog ... glad i stumbled onto it ... i'm your newest follower!

Sarah B. said...

Looove that frame! I wish we had enough wall space in our bathroom to hang one :). And I hear Nikons are good!