7.17.2011

motivation

the blog world has been so good for / to me. i come from a family that deals with depression BIG TIME. ever since was a little girl my mom used to say "ok kelly, you can pout & be grouchy today but, not tomorrow. you can only be grouchy every other day" :-/  i feel like this was the response she gave because she felt like it was/is a family trait and how else was i going to be. WHO KNOWS.
i'm not sure this was the best way to go about my grouchyness. *i.m.u.w.
i think that being grouchy became a really bad habit for me.
my boys are not allowed to be grouchy just for the sake of being grouchy. if they have a reason to be grouchy we talk about it. so ya NO grouches allowed here. i went them to get the best of me not the worst. my husband and boys deserve. i am really working on it. REALLY. how can i tell them not to be grouchy when i am.
HELLO KELL, LEAD BY EXAMPLE!



when i started blogging i was seriously overwhelmed by all the kind comments that people leave. i love reading comments they make my day and MOTIVATE me to be a better person. does that make sense?

so here's a verse we all need to inscribe on our heart and remember it daily.

"Let us think of ways to MOTIVATE one another to acts of LOVE and GOOD WORKS, and let us not neglect our meeting together as some people do, but encourage one another especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."



Hebrews 10:24-25

so lets together help the world to turn all the grouchy pouty face right side round.


happy day







*i make up words.
Photobucket

14 comments:

emma said...

wow! you described me. i'm super grouchy, but yes the bloggyworld helps so much with that. my family is prone to depression as well. i try to keep bright colors & good music around. things that make me happy. & also try not to put too much on my plate. as long as me, the kids & my husband are happy everyone else who expects me to go to every playdate, be somewhere every day, can just go by themselves. lol also, try and remember that you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself first!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I tend to be on the grouchy side too. I get upset with my boys when they are grouchy, but then am hit with the conviction that they are watching my every move and mood. UGH. I literally have to pray each morning to not be grumpy. I always feel a bit silly for praying for something like that, but it helps me keep accountable and be more aware of my mood. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! Thanks for linking up!!

Jacqueline said...

isn't the blogging world wonderful?? just found your blog... so cute!!!

Kristen Thornburg said...

So true! I have loved meeting everyone in the blogosphere! It has been an amazing experience for me.
I struggle with depression and anxiety, and there are days where I just have to force myself NOT to feel that way... it helps. Sometimes pretending leads to REALLY being happy!

Kristen Thornburg said...

& look you, little miss blogger! Blogging on a sunday and all!

Karen said...

When I was a kid my mom would always tell me to turn that frown upside down... I hated it. Now I tell it to my kids and it gives me an extra chuckle :)

{cuppakim} said...

cute post for sure.

God truly DOES use blogging for serious encouragement.

He works in ALL things.

Anonymous said...

Aw, you're beautiful, and this is a lovely post! I am not sure how I stumbled upon on your blog but I'm glad I did! In fact, I think I have been here once before. Depression runs in my family, as well and I think I know exactly what you mean in this post. Good words, great verse!

grey rose (they/them) said...

wonderful, encouraging post! amen!
and goodness, you're adorable!

Kyle Parish said...

this is very much a tool that God has used to change me and stretch me too! i can't agree more!

Stephanie said...

Yep! I get this... Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Anonymous said...

you're cute! i love posts like these :) it encourages me to be thankful for where the Lord is taking me and who's He's bringing in my path. the blog world has been full of fun and encouraging women. i love it :)

myriahmae said...

You're so pretty!! You always leave such encouraging notes on my blog! Thanks lady!

Joyeful said...

Isn't the blogging world so lovely like that? And posts like this make me smile...b/c it's easy for us all to get grouchy sometimes (motherhood has brought out the grouchiness more than ever!) and when we're honest about that it inspires us all to keep our eyes on Jesus and keep on encouraging each other!!!

Lovely to meet you!