7.13.2011

a great big spoonful of plentiful harvest....

is what my 12 year old son told me he was on friday. he also told me he was a silly beetle. not only that he thought it was the funniest thing ever and laughed about it for HOURS. no joke. jr. highers are WEIRD. can i get an amen??? PLEASE. I.AM.BEGGING.

my boy is getting ready to start jr. high. in 6 weeks. so i've been trapped in reverie of when he was small and wondering where the time has gone.

it's no secret that i got pregnant, married, and had him at the ripe old age of 18. God is good, and my husband and i have made it this far when all the odds where against us. you can read a liltte about us here and here. it's funny what keeping GOD in the center of your life can do for you. <3

my great big spoonful of plentiful harvest is exactly that... my plentiful harvest. my life really began the second i knew he was coming. my harvest IS plentiful, and full of so many joys. Gods master plan is the perfect plan...

Photobucket

Dear Muns,
you make my heart full of plentiful harvests. (even if the things you come up with are slightly distrubing) i attribute this to your age and the fact that you are going into jr. high.  jr. high is awkward classmates are going to start doing things because they think they are going to be cooler for doing it. they are not. please don't let yourself fall for peer pressure. always remember this: WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? if your are unsure of what to do. if you bring the Lord into the equation your answers become clear.

i know that we put a lot of pressure on you to be a good example for your brother, have i told you lately that you are the best big brother. i know it's not cool to have your little brother to tag along with you but, i am so glad you let him, and you let him with grace. you are one awesome big bro.

i am so proud of the man you are becoming. you are responsible and caring, loving and kind, smart and talented, your star is shining bright.

it's a little bizarre that you walk and stand just like daddy but, at the same time it melts my heart.

 i love that you are so willing to embrace your culture(s) with open arms and actually enjoy it.

please give this momma peace of mind always. you're so special. God gave you a beautiful head on your shoulders. please use it.  when i am hard on you just know it's because i love you, and want you to learn from me.


Photobucket

my hope for you is this:


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6






i love you bubba more than you'll ever know.




MOM

Photobucket

10 comments:

Sarah B. said...

What a beautiful post! And AMEN Jr. Highers are weird. I refuse to teach above the fifth grade level. I'm convinced that 6th and 7th grade is the new kindergarten.... ;D

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I had to laugh at Sarah's comment above because I said the same thing when I was a teacher. Middle school kids are just on a planet of their own. : ) I love this post so much. You are such an awesome mom and it sounds like you've done an amazing job raising your soon to be middle school kid.

Kristen Thornburg said...

Such a sweet post. :) Jr. Highers ARE weird!! Ugh... NOT looking forward to that time for E, although I hope she won't be weird...and will stay sweet! ha ha

The Olive Tree Blog said...

jr highers...amen!! I used to lead a small group with jr high girls and I threaten to lace the brownies with benadryl just to calm them down...lol..I was a really good leader...lol

The Olive Tree Blog said...

jr highers...amen!! I used to lead a small group with jr high girls and I threaten to lace the brownies with benadryl just to calm them down...lol..I was a really good leader...lol

{cuppakim} said...

A to the MEN. I speak as a formerly uber weird junior higher, and one who used to work with weird junior highers in youth ministry. Haha! :)

LOVE this. Love your LOVE for your guy, and everything you encourage him to be. I pray that Jesus would be the center of his life and all that he does. :)

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

I can relate with this post so well. I have a soon to be 12 yr old going into 6th grade this year...I luv all of your words of wisdom for him:)

Marie said...

Oh, those junior high days are fast approching! this is truly one of my most quoted sayings to my boys: "don't be a weirdy!"

Unknown said...

So sweet kelly!! I will be a disaster when Emerson go to school! Oh man, jr high no less!!!! Praying for u!

PS he is beautiful and those eyes!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

gorgeous.
jr. high definitely ranks high on the awkward/weird scale. bless their hearts:)

love you!