6.29.2011

a servants heart

this is what's up round' here:

iron, scrub, hang, mend, scour, mop, repeat

i'm a maid

{via}for all prints
uhh NO! i'm tired!!!

alright!!! it's time to get real up in here! as you know i have 2 tiny babies young men that the good LORD has blessed me with. raising them is such a treat really hard (but still a treat.) it's the hardest J-O-B i will ever have. since summer started something changed in me. BLAH!
 i am so tired of hearing...
 mom, MOM, MOOOOOM... 
some days it's my least favorite word.

i can't believe i just said that. i really don't mean it. but, WOW my boys are getting BIG umm (12 &10) can't they get a drink on their own. it's not like they are not strong enough to do it,(they do push-ups and sit-ups everyday)  or they can't reach,(son 1 is an inch shorter than me) and  or it needs to go in a sippy.(they stopped using them 110 years ago) I want to scream DO IT YOURSELF DUDES! especially when they are standing RIGHT in front of the fridge. AHHHHH!!!

yesterday was BAD for me. i was having such guilty feeling because i was feeling this way. i cried and asked a dear friend if i was awful. she told me i wasn't, but really she was probably thinking i should fly off on my broom. 

so, i prayed that GOD would renew my servants heart. i still think that there are some things my
 tiny babies young men can do on their own. but when they ask for something reasonable i want to do it with a joyful heart.

"The greatest among you must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
matthew 23:11

today i am working hard to inscribe this verse on my heart.
 being a wife and a mother is a dream come true for me. 
sometimes i just forget. 
WOOPS!
i'm human. 

have a wonderful holiday weekend.

kiss, kiss & a great big hug!




Photobucket

12 comments:

katygirl said...

you ARE human!! i have these moments a lot. especially when miles is teething.

katygirl said...

i never got any emails from you!

Sarah B. said...

I have days like this in the classroom!! Hang in there :)

April said...

my boys are driving me batty! thats all i heard today..get me this, cook me that, i cant find this....lols
oh and i love those vintage images...just love!
xoxo

grey rose (they/them) said...

yes. i hear ya. praying for a better attitude for both of us;) xo love you, girl!

Jessica said...

great verse! i know we all have these days, but the important thing is taking our thoughts captive and meditating on scripture...just what you're doing. thanks for the reminder.

kris {life at the table} said...

i don't have kids yet, but i know i feel this way with the hubs sometimes...especially when i know he's just as capable to do things! i am continually trying to catch myself and choose to have a servant's attitude, but it's good to hear it from someone else too!

Kathryn said...

what a sweet and honest and funny post! love it :) we moms are in fact humans {with awesome but imperfect intentions} after all.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I feel this way all the time. I have started giving my boys the independence to do things on the own too, though, and it has helped all of us. I gripe when it comes to things they can't do yet (laundry) and pray, "this is day the Lord has made, let me rejoice and give praise for it."

Jami said...

Frustrated, party for 2? I think you should actually start giving them sippy cups. Just a thought. Love you!

Anonymous said...

i have been getting frustrated with all of our tantrums lately. all we can do when we are about to lose it is pray for patience and guidence.

I found you through Casey's linkup and I am now following :)
http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com

Girl Meets Baby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved hearing from you.
So glad I found your blog! It is really great, and I love your writing style!