this picture reminds me of
MY MOM
my mom inspires me. constantly!
when i was little my mom and her best friend used to "hand make" all sorts of things. my moms favorite medium was grapevines, and i'm not talkin' store bought. she would shape and mold all her own wreaths and decorate them simply like in the above photo.
i didn't appreciate this when i was little and for the life of me couldn't understand why she wouldn't just buy them. well now i know...
a. working with your hands is F-U-N
b. taking something from start to finish makes you feel accomplished.
c. it's a STRESS RELIEVER (HELLO!!! MOMMA'S NEED THIS)
i'm so thankful that i grew up seeing my momma "DO" handmade. when i see something i automatically think "oh, i can do that"
THANKS MOMMA!
the problem is i can't just pick one thing/area i like to do/workin. do you think etsy would let me have a hodge podge store?
LOL
i'm taking part in GUSSY'S inspiration workshop
come join the fun
xxO


8 comments:
My mom used to do the same thing with the vines! She'd go out back and cut some down, then we'd go to work on them. Love it!
what a talent that must be. they must have turned out beautiful.
crafting is the best therapy ever! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
You took me back to the 80's when my mama helped me make grapevine wreaths for my home. I hung onto some and painted them white because I couldn't bear to give them all up.
My mom did the grapevine thing, too. I'm glad I saw things being made while growing up. And I love that I'm raising my girls in the same environment. Hooray for handmade!
Great post! And your so right, there is something fun about creating something with your hands!
I love hodge podge stores :). My mom was pretty crafty too - mostly in the kitchen and in playing hostess!
What a sweet story! I feel the same way about my mom. Yet I didn't appreciate till I was older. I love that she instilled the love of crafts in both my sister and I. It's such a special thing to share :)
Came over from Gussy Sews. Now following!
Post a Comment