10.04.2011

There's always tomorrow...Right?

A confessions of sorts.

I am procrastinator.
I procrastinate when... it's time to clean my house, do laundry, need to be somewhere, when i need to work on sunday school, or when i need to tell my boys about periods or sex.

 just so you know my husband did tell the dudes about sex.
 it went like this... mommies and daddies have seeds. when the seeds meet a baby starts to form.
What the heck!!! Shoot me now. this whole convo started because my youngest wanted to know where PUPPIES came from. we have further expanded this topic since then.

when i figured out that my oldest "thought" he knew what a period was, i knew i had to give him the real low down. (Because you know it doesn't just fall out. O.M.Gee!!! the things kids learn on a school yard)

I had the conversation  with him in the car...it was my strategic timing. there was no way i was going to tell him the real deal and look at his face. it gave him my well thought out speech and end it with this
now remember son you do not have sex until you are married.
 it is God's Law!
and while we are on the subject there is no reason to kiss a girl before then either.

 he told me he was seriously disturbed by the whole thing and that he could of gone his whole life with out taking part in this conversation, and that i needed to buy him a new video game so that he could recover.

this all made me so sad. i didn't put my big girl pants and tell him sooner. i HATE that he learned on the school yard.

my goal for the rest of forever is to stop procrastinating, to be in the present and raise my children deliberately. i often feel like i am floating a long in this life. it isn't fair to them or me, and further more we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

how about you are you in the present? especially when it comes to raising you little ones.

i encourage you today to do something special with your child(ren) spouse or that someone special. i am not always the wife i should be. that is another post.

i think i am going to take mine for an icee or maybe hot chocolate (it's sorta chilly today Praise Jesus) and ask them if there is anything else they would like to know about anything and just lay it all out on the table.
Because:


"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6









Photobucket

17 comments:

Karen said...

This story really cracks me up! I love that he said he needed a new video game to help him recover :)

Wild Daisy said...

Oh man!! I feel ya gal! much love!! I love the post and how true it is! Most days I am floating by... THanks for this gal!! xoxoxox

Courtney said...

Wow I can't imagine how this conversation will go with my children someday. No kids yet, but I totally can see myself wanting to procrastinate "the talk" too! Your writing is delightful. Made me smile. Thanks for sharing your stories!

moreygirl said...

oh, I do not want to have that convo with my boys! Hilarious though! I love the part where you say you want to raise your children deliberately! Makes perfect sense to me. And there is always tomorrow;)

stacey said...

This post is cracking me up!!! Fall out??? My husband had 2 sisters, now me, yet that sounds like something he would think. Men... :)

Jessica said...

a great reminder to live purposely...i feel like i've been learning that lesson in all areas of life. (and when my sister first heard the beginnings of sex she told the person telling her to stop and when they asked what "are you going to do when you get married and you don't know what's going to happen?" she told them her husband could explain it to her...wouldn't that be a funny honeymoon.)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

The video game comment...too funny! Yes, I agree, we need to take more time to live in the present. It is the little things. Love this post!

Angel said...

Great post! My 9 yr old twin girls keep asking when we are going to take our special trip together. They are so excited, but little do they know I'm going to blow their minds with all kinds of crazy things. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! This is a great post!! My babies are still pretty little (5 and under) but I HOPE and PRAY I will always be open and honest with them. I know it must have been hard for you to tell your son the truth about periods... I will be in your shoes someday. Thanks for the encouragement.

Danielle Winborg @Sugar Blossom Boutique said...

thanks for stopping by my blog...your comment made me come to your blog, which has brought a huge smile to my face :) your blog is so genuine and real, it's refreshing! thanks!

Sarah B. said...

So true!!! I'm glad you both survived this conversation - good for you for being intentional about it ;)

ashley marie wilson said...

LOL...periods and sex... fun topics for moms and sons.

Stephanie said...

This is such a great reminder. Thank you for this today!

girl willow said...

Such a good reminder...we DO need to talk and keep an open line of communication!! Proverbs 22:6 - powerful reminder!!!
Thank you for sharing this <3

The Olive Tree Blog said...

my daughter is only 4 but she talks about "her prince" one day ... just like all the princesses. She told me she will live in a castle with her prince when she is 30 ... I could be wrong but I am 100% sure the whole being 30 thing came from daddy...lol.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I think it hilarious he wanted a video game as payment for having to have that conversation with you! Hilarious! hahaha oh man. great post.

Unknown said...

I'm not looking forward to that day when i have to explain those things to my son!
New follower,
Kim
www.thesasselife.com