10.14.2011

i 'm a young mom...so what!!!

i have told you a million times that i am a young momma of boys. i was 18 when my eldest was born. people ask me all the time if my boys are my brothers. i think it's funny. what i don't think is funny, is when people don't take me seriously.

whatever!

just because i look young (because, i'll be honest i do) DOES NOT mean that i am immature. i am not. i know how the world works. i follow politics and worldwide issues.

when i had my son i had to grow up fast. we moved to a new town where it was JUST me my baby and my husband. my husband worked, at the time 13 hour days.

i have been through many things, things i can't even begin to tell you. miscarriages, death, watched my parents divorce, i basically raised my brother from the time i was 9 he was 6 (everyone was doing their best to keep going, my parents are BOTH wonderfully amazing people so please don't misunderstand) and filling for divorce myself. thank God the hours spent on my knees have paid off. i didn't get divorced, and we are now better than ever.

when i am with my boys at school functions etc... people don't give me the time of day. i am at this point in time totally self conscious about looking young. i am constantly trying to find ways to make myself look older or more mature. but by doing that i am not being true to myself.

i am 31, however most people say i look 21.

most people look past me and when that happens i shut down a little or i tend to get really really mad and excuse my language bitchy. then i pop off and people look at me even crazier.

i was talking to my friend about this today and you know what... maybe i need to just get over it. and i feel like if something i have to say needs to be heard God will give me the opportunity to say.


i am a young mom, SO WHAT!

but y'all better listen up because i can turn into this quite easily. haha
but really i can!

Source: None via Kelly on Pinterest


Photobucket

13 comments:

April said...

I love this...I was a young mom as well, and everyone thought I was the nanny when I would take my boys to the park...even now when I go for confrences or I meet my kids teachers they are really shocked. I feel you, its hard when you always feel like people are judging you and giving you weird looks...you are a great mom, so, whatever right? :)

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I say embrace the so what philosophy!

kris {life at the table} said...

awesome! love getting a little snippet of your history...my sister is a young mom too- she's had 5 kids and she's 31 as well... i know society is weirded out by young mom's and they want the whole 'experiencing life' before you marry/have kids...honestly i want the kids when i'm young and then i can experience life with a legacy of lots of grandbabes while i'm still 'young'!

... said...

You are a awesome! Who cares what others think. You are a wonderful mother, and if those women are thinking anything, it is likely that they talk because of their own insecurities...not that they think you are too immature. Frankly, you are probably more mature than them for doing everything that you needed to do for your child when you did not have as much as them when they started. I admire you.

Anonymous said...

You're the best...a great mom, a loving wife...don't let the haters get you down! ;) Love you!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

preach it friend! I got mistaken for a high school=er last week...lol...I DO NOT like it ;) Must be my family genes, b/c everyone think my mom is my sister.

Marie said...

ha! me too. me too! can't tell you how many times people ask me if my son is my brother! say what?

anyway, i found out that if i kept my hair super short through my 20's that i didn't get this quite as much. i was just rejoicing this year about turning 30 so i could possibly have long hair again...then last week got mistaken for my son's older sister again!!

we gotta laugh about it! and secretly love the fact that we'll look super young when we are in fact, senior citizens:)

love you.

Alyss said...

Love your attitude! You tell 'em girl.

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

My theory? They are just old hags that got preggers way too late in life because they finally found a man when they hit their 40's.
You are the lucky one. Hot to drot, too. They're just jealous :)
YOU'RE A ROCKSTAR!

grey rose (they/them) said...

laugh out loud.
love you, you little baby face;)

i live the other side of this coin...people think my sister is my daughter. she is 23. have mercy.


love you!

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

I get this too Kelly and it can be frustrating. My hubs and I are young and we kind of fall into a weird category. Usually parents my age have younger kids (toddlerish) which I love and don't mind but sometimes I feel like they do. While they're on their way to the park with their strollers I'm on my way to pick mine out a cell ph. LOL ;)

The Woman with the issue of blood said...

You should have said hello !! I have yet to meet even one fellow blogger it would have been wonderful. ok..now on to the young mother stuff. I have been a young mother and now an old mother. My oldest is about to turn 18. When he was in grammar school it seemed that all the moms were in their 40's and wouldnt give me the time of day. It was so sad and disheartening. Now...being a much older mom at 40, I worry that the moms are going to do the same but for the opposite reason this time. Praise God we are going to homeschool...that would just be too much stress for me to handle (especially if they thought my little one was my grandchild). Next time you see me say hello. We were out there watching my cousins little boy.

Be blessed and thanks for stopping by my blog.

The Woman with the issue of blood said...

You should have said hello !! I have yet to meet even one fellow blogger it would have been wonderful. ok..now on to the young mother stuff. I have been a young mother and now an old mother. My oldest is about to turn 18. When he was in grammar school it seemed that all the moms were in their 40's and wouldnt give me the time of day. It was so sad and disheartening. Now...being a much older mom at 40, I worry that the moms are going to do the same but for the opposite reason this time. Praise God we are going to homeschool...that would just be too much stress for me to handle (especially if they thought my little one was my grandchild). Next time you see me say hello. We were out there watching my cousins little boy.

Be blessed and thanks for stopping by my blog.