9.06.2011

worry

this happens to me a lot. 
i am a worry wart.
i wish i wasn't. 

i know i need to put my trust in 
GOD 
and for the most part i do...well, i thought i did.

when i worry i have physical symptom immediately.
last week i noticed i was having heart palpitations, and day by day it got worse. 
what the heck?
so i started to think about it a lot, and realized what i was worring about.

this coming weekend is going to be extremely busy.
it is our churches annual 
"greek food festival"

we run a booth. 
my boys are in the dance group. 
*i weaseled my way out of it. HA!
my son has a football game on sat a.m.
and he has to work at the youth group booth.
we wont have as much help as we did last year. BOO.

i was worrying and it's not even here. 
OH MY!

i know that every worry most of the time doesn't come to fruition.


so today i am claiming this little love note from my father.



do you worry?
if you do claim this too!





Photobucket

17 comments:

Kristen Thornburg said...

Yes, I worry! I worry so much I need medicine just keep me from having panic attacks every two seconds. ha! ...it's getting better though. TONS better. its just been a rough season of life the past year... things are looking up. but i naturally worry and imagine the worst things happening. i can also imagine the best things happening...its like im either TOO idealistic or TOO pesimistic. arg.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Love that. I am a fellow worrier. : )

Karen said...

I'm going to claim that one with you! Phew, feels better to let go of it all and put it in his hands. I wonder how long I can do this? Oh, no, I'm starting to worry again...

Jen said...

I am the biggest worrier EVERRRR. I've been trying to work on it but no luck so far. I definitely need to try to keep that in mind :)

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I am NOT a worrier almost to a fault...I blame my growing up with my mom & sister who might be the worlds biggest worry warts :)

stacey said...

oh girl, I am so with you there. I even have the exact same problem with reacting physically, I totally get heart palpitations too! during a particularly stressful time in my life, I actually ended up at the doctor two separate times--once with palpitations, once with bad dizziness. both times they told me, "you seem fine. it could just be stressed. are you under a lot of stress?" I wanted to laugh and say YES, DUH!!! :) by the grace of God I am better today then I was a month ago, two months ago, one year ago... but only through prayer. I can't (and still haven't) overcome my worry. but He's helping me!

I love this post. thank you for the reminder! I need it!

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I know how you feel, I am a worry wart too. The right thing is to let go and let God but its so hard. Keep the faith, things will be fine.

www.cancerinthecity.com

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

I am a worrier, too! Thank you, friend, for this reminder! Isn't it so freeing to know that Jesus wants to "carry" our burdens and worries for us? :) xoxo

P.S. How is 365 going? xo

Quetzal Handmade said...

I am totally a worrier! It's one of my biggest faults. I hate that I worry. I know God doesn't want us to so why do I (or we) do it!? I love this verse: Philippians 4:6-7. It's a great reminder for me and I see it at my desk every day! :) Hang in there and try not to worry, God is working it all out! :)

P.S. about the 50's Chevy you mentioned on my blog - I too hope to own another one! My husband says we'll buy me a classic again someday - far far down the road. :) Ha!

Rebecca said...

Good reminder! I like it!
My Dad died when I was 8...so when I got older & went on dates my mother always told them God was my dad & he was watching! I wonder if that worried them? ;)

Jessica Johnson said...

yes. i am a fellow wort. HATE it. dave is not which is good. or we'd be a hot mess.

Vivian said...

I worry so much that my body suffers, I end up not sleeping and gaining weight. But I've also learned to deal with it and relief the stress by doing the things I love: family outings, dancing, working out. Easier said than done I know but gotta try. Life was meant to be enjoyed. :)

ashley marie wilson said...

THAT NOTE IS THE BEST!!! no need to worry girlie, the Lord has everything working out for your good. even if there's alot of stuff going on, it's all good stuff to enjoy and experience. you're beautiful, love the new pictures :)

love you!
ashley

ashlyn | nicole said...

OMG do i worry. i worry WAY too much. i probably take after my mother. haha but I have def. been trying to give it over to the Lord because he has control over it all.

God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us then we do ourselves 1 John 3:20

Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you 1 Peter 5:7

xoxo.

Kimberlee Haag @ Enough Faith for Today said...

Thank you for this reminder ~ He’s Got This! Amen

grey rose (they/them) said...

great reminder, kelly dear! xo

Unknown said...

i think woman and worry are interchangeable!!! :)