9.28.2011

unprepared

i learned a something this week...
 my 12 year old son knows what a period is! 
 and we are not talking the little dot at the end of a sentence!

SAY WHAT?
i am not prepared. 
does anything prepare you for moments like these?

i told my hubby and he says to me "umm he's in jr. high now. did you think he would never find out."
me: "well hello!!! i didn't tell him."
him: "well HELLO maybe YOU should have"

 my conclusion again is
i am far to young and immature for this.
i am NOT prepared.

Lord help me.
 Please! 
Seriously Help.





Photobucket

16 comments:

Alyss said...

I think about this alllll the time when it comes to the sex talk. I love your husband's retort to you, because it's so true! We shoudl be the ones telling our kids these things, not their dweeby friends! I feel ya Kelly! Hahaha!

Kyle Parish said...

this is me crying for you.

and this also me crossing my fingers til the bleed that i get to skip puberty with my boys and have them be fine married Godly men. haha!

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

Oh snap! HAha! Sorry girl, I'm giggling ;)

I will be praying for you :) xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my goooooooosh! lol. Hang in there, mama! At least you didn't have to be the one to tell him the whole awkward period business.

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Oh man. I'm not ready for those days. My 8 year old will be there before I know it. Yikes!!!

Her Royal Highness said...

The day you became a Mommy, God gave you the grace to handle everything that comes with the title. I'll be praying for you to "tap into" that grace by seeking God's wisdom more and more. You're doing a great job!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

haha...well with sons I think it is the dad's job to inform them...I sure don't plan on my husband having all the talks with our daughter...lol

katygirl said...

hahaha this makes me laugh. i don't even remember learning about it myself.

Karen said...

Oh man!!! Can't we just skip over that whole thing? I don't think I will ever be mature enough to want to explain these things. Ask your father will be the only response I can give when they ask.

Heather said...

Yikes...glad I've got 12 years to prepare for that one.

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Oh my!! I have been dreading talking about ALL that stuff. I have a 7 year old daughter. I've managed to avoid all the "baby" talk so far. She finally realized a while back that babies grow inside their mommies but then kept after me to tell her how they come out with out you being cut open. I'm not sure who told her about c-sections...but apparently she knows. I avoided that talk til the other night. Oh Lord help me. I just don't know how to handle talking about "special places"!!!! :) Good luck in your new adventure!! :)

his little lady said...

oh my goodness, i'm not going to lie, this post had me laughing out loud. it's crazy how much children are growing up so quickly! you'll do the best job though explaining everything in just the right way!
xo TJ

Deidre said...

I suppose that it had to happen some time?? Right? Ack.

Sarah B. said...

Oh boy.... I have no words of wisdom here, just a cyber hug I'm sending your way!!

Susan said...

LOL!
I never thought you might have to have "that conversation" with a boy!

Contemplating Beauty said...

Haha I have a teenage girl, so I couldn't imagine having to tell this stuff to a boy! This post was a hoot! If you ever need a little "Help" with someone who's been through it, check out my teen blog, www.walkwithyourteen.blogspot.com
I have some good stuff on there! No you might not be prepared, but I trust you are able to give him the good right answers!!